Skip to main content

Tue. 6/29/04 - Graduation

Tuesday, 6/29/04
All Les’ tests from last week came back good. His MRI is still clear – Praise God!!!

Last Sunday (6/27/04) we had a small graduation celebration for Les at the Marriot Yacht Club in San Diego. Gammie organized a short ceremony and Les performed magic tricks for us all (with the help of Gammie and Grandma Sue). Les received the t-shirt in the photo that night and I thought it was very appropriate. What a wonderful time to relax with family and friends and know the chemo is behind us.

We wore Les out over the weekend and I took him to the hospital today thinking he may have low hemoglobin counts again because he complained of being “weary and dizzy” yesterday. Silly me, his counts are higher than mine (I know this because they wouldn’t let me give blood last week because my hemoglobin counts were slightly below the limit). I guess it was just a case of running our kid down and expecting him to be able to bounce back quickly.

Les still has his nasty runny nose/congestion issues. He’s been throwing up at least once a day recently. For a while it was about once a week, but the frequency has increased lately and I don’t know why. While we were at the hospital today, I asked if they would test for allergies. They went ahead and did that blood test and also a full endocrine panel. Hopefully after we get those results, it might shed some light on why he’s so congested. Please pray for Les that this will get cleared up.

Also pray for Les’ appetite. After his MRI last Friday, he ate some grape Popsicle, which is the first “flavored” item he’s tried in months. I bought Popsicles today and Les joined us at the dinner table to eat one. He only licked at it a bit and complained that it was too cold. It was a start. I’m hoping we will have more of these “tries” and eventually he will get used to flavors, textures, temperatures, etc. I’d like to get some help from the hospital, but their dieticians quit and they haven’t been replaced. Les is now being referred to the Nutrition Clinic, but it takes about a month for that process to go through. Until then, I’m sort of on my own. Pray for me.